Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Abundance Challenge Diary
05-24-2012, 10:26 PM,
RE: Abundance Challenge Diary
That's awesome!! I'm so glad you shared this with us. And I'm so glad you are up-leveling to what you really want instead of what you would settle for being "budget minded." What I see over and over again is that as soon as people make these decisions on faith to get what they really want instead of "settling," the Universe somehow steps up to meet them with extra funding.

And of course the best way to ensure a smooth closing is to keep tapping. Heart
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
05-25-2012, 12:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2012, 12:31 AM by Annbros.)
(05-24-2012, 10:08 PM)bent Wrote: Ok I've been tapping for a while and have been looking for a house to buy for some weeks now. I admit I was getting discouraged because I found it difficult to find a decent looking house in the price range I was looking for. I couldn't help think that getting back into the housing market was tied to this 30 day abundance challenge because it did manifest while I was tapping. And because of Erika constantly saying "Be open to things" in her videos. I decided to be open to my real estate agent when he called, who I would normally dismiss as a telemarketer. Now we're close like partners in constant contact. Anyways, I believed, that if I could manifest a monthly mortgage payment that was lower than what I pay in rent now, then that would be a way for me to yield more abundance.

Well it didn't work out that way. Smile I saw a listing on a house that went back onto the market. The asking price was lower than before but still higher than what I wanted to pay. For some reason I decided to check it out because I was being open. It was perfect for me, the location, nicely renovated old home with new hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. I was so annoyed that I liked it so much because I wanted to buy a less expensive house, so there was this battle in my head. But I had to have it, and so I put in an offer last night and this morning they accepted. I am so excited.

I must admit that if I hadn't read Ann's posting about her house and the advice given about not being cheap and giving a low ball offer trying save a few bucks, I may not have instructed my real estate agent to give them the asking price, and I am sure that was the difference. I actually offered more because it's not gonna make to much of a difference in the monthly payments. So I am so thankful for this forum and to Erika's wisdom because I really like this house. Now, I just want everything to go through without any problems. I really don't want to tell anyone until the underwriting and everything is approved and done, but I though I would share it here. Smile
This is great - it really made me smile, as, things usually come to us in a different way (the sly disguise of opportunity as Napoleon Hill likes to call it). When I walked into my current house 21 years ago I knew it was the one for me so I offered the maximum I could afford for the mortgage I was allowed and got it. With the house I am buying now I had that exact same feeling when I walked in: even though there were two other offers I just kept focusing on what I wanted and then it all came together. This is so exciting for you!

I am of course also a great example of the 'extra funding' that Erika mentioned in her post!
05-25-2012, 08:59 PM,
There is something that I'm kinda struggling with. I'm supposed to be gaining $50K in this abundance challenge, not acquiring more debt. For instance, I set out to decrease my monthly housing cost not increase it. So that part of me was constricting me at one point and stressing me out. Then I watched a video and Erika mentioned about having to stop clinching, which was synchronicity again because that's exactly what I was feeling. It's weird sometimes the videos or Erika in a facebook post addresses what I'm currently going through. So I began to look at it again as gaining abundance with this awesome home. This made me feel so much better. Then I was good. Smile
05-25-2012, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2012, 09:29 PM by Erika Awakening.)
Hey bent,

That's a good point to raise. It's very important with HBR (and you learn this more and more at the advanced levels) not to have an ego-bound constricted view of what "abundance" means. Let's take my car miracle last year as an example. (If you missed the story, you can find it here: http:/spiritualseduction.com/brand-new-car)

The car cost $56,000 or so, and I didn't get it for "free." In fact, I financed the entire thing, so you could say that I ended up with $56K in "debt." But as of right now, I am still ahead financially of where I was before I got the new car. Less than 1% interest, a lot of cash back, tax deductions that were not available on my previous car, two free services, being able to put cash into a higher interest loan instead and saving money that way. It's going to be probably two years or more before the payments I'm making on the car are equal to all the benefits I received. And by then, the amount owed on the car will be close to its value, making the car essentially "free" relative to where I was before the car miracle. Does that make sense?

So if I took the myopic ego viewpoint, I wouldn't see it as the miracle that it is.

The Universe wants us to have an enjoyable, spacious, abundant lifestyle. As I mentioned before, and Ann chimed in to second the point, once you begin to LIVE and FEEL more abundant, the Universe generally follows suit with more financial resources. So with HBR there is a LOT of trusting the process, enjoying the present moment, and seeing the big picture.

Does that resonate with you?
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
05-25-2012, 09:35 PM,
Not to mention that a house is equity. It's not like credit card debt. You actually have something to enjoy, and if you do your tapping the value of that house just might increase.

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
05-26-2012, 12:07 AM,
I'd also add that getting the house you want means up-levelling your environment, which again is a type of abundance. I know I will feel more abundant in my new house as, it is bigger and more modern than my current one (as much as I love my beautiful old house I have outgrown it) and that is all part of the abundance mindset. I have benefited too from my brother agreeing to loan me the money for any outstanding mortgage at a much lower rate than my bank, so I will save a whole load of money over a few years, similar to Erika's car financing!
05-26-2012, 01:18 AM,
Surroundings are important. They reflect our state of mind, and it's good to be conscious of what your surroundings are reflecting back to you. Ideally, your surroundings are reflecting back to you calm, peace, abundance, freedom, and free of clutter Smile

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
05-26-2012, 08:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2012, 09:09 PM by bent.)
(05-25-2012, 12:30 AM)Annbros Wrote:
(05-24-2012, 10:08 PM)bent Wrote: Ok I've been tapping for a while and have been looking for a house to buy for some weeks now. I admit I was getting discouraged because I found it difficult to find a decent looking house in the price range I was looking for. I couldn't help think that getting back into the housing market was tied to this 30 day abundance challenge because it did manifest while I was tapping. And because of Erika constantly saying "Be open to things" in her videos. I decided to be open to my real estate agent when he called, who I would normally dismiss as a telemarketer. Now we're close like partners in constant contact. Anyways, I believed, that if I could manifest a monthly mortgage payment that was lower than what I pay in rent now, then that would be a way for me to yield more abundance.

Well it didn't work out that way. Smile I saw a listing on a house that went back onto the market. The asking price was lower than before but still higher than what I wanted to pay. For some reason I decided to check it out because I was being open. It was perfect for me, the location, nicely renovated old home with new hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. I was so annoyed that I liked it so much because I wanted to buy a less expensive house, so there was this battle in my head. But I had to have it, and so I put in an offer last night and this morning they accepted. I am so excited.

I must admit that if I hadn't read Ann's posting about her house and the advice given about not being cheap and giving a low ball offer trying save a few bucks, I may not have instructed my real estate agent to give them the asking price, and I am sure that was the difference. I actually offered more because it's not gonna make to much of a difference in the monthly payments. So I am so thankful for this forum and to Erika's wisdom because I really like this house. Now, I just want everything to go through without any problems. I really don't want to tell anyone until the underwriting and everything is approved and done, but I though I would share it here. Smile
This is great - it really made me smile, as, things usually come to us in a different way (the sly disguise of opportunity as Napoleon Hill likes to call it). When I walked into my current house 21 years ago I knew it was the one for me so I offered the maximum I could afford for the mortgage I was allowed and got it. With the house I am buying now I had that exact same feeling when I walked in: even though there were two other offers I just kept focusing on what I wanted and then it all came together. This is so exciting for you!

Yes I am so excited. And I said before, if it weren't for you and Erika, I may not have had the mindset to make that type of an offer. So thanks again to both of you!

I am of course also a great example of the 'extra funding' that Erika mentioned in her post!

(05-25-2012, 09:28 PM)Erika Awakening Wrote: Hey bent,

That's a good point to raise. It's very important with HBR (and you learn this more and more at the advanced levels) not to have an ego-bound constricted view of what "abundance" means. Let's take my car miracle last year as an example. (If you missed the story, you can find it here: http:/spiritualseduction.com/brand-new-car)

The car cost $56,000 or so, and I didn't get it for "free." In fact, I financed the entire thing, so you could say that I ended up with $56K in "debt." But as of right now, I am still ahead financially of where I was before I got the new car. Less than 1% interest, a lot of cash back, tax deductions that were not available on my previous car, two free services, being able to put cash into a higher interest loan instead and saving money that way. It's going to be probably two years or more before the payments I'm making on the car are equal to all the benefits I received. And by then, the amount owed on the car will be close to its value, making the car essentially "free" relative to where I was before the car miracle. Does that make sense?

So if I took the myopic ego viewpoint, I wouldn't see it as the miracle that it is.

The Universe wants us to have an enjoyable, spacious, abundant lifestyle. As I mentioned before, and Ann chimed in to second the point, once you begin to LIVE and FEEL more abundant, the Universe generally follows suit with more financial resources. So with HBR there is a LOT of trusting the process, enjoying the present moment, and seeing the big picture.

Does that resonate with you?

Yes it does resonate. You are sooo right Erika. I will be so much more happier in this beautiful house and area, which I know will lead to me feeling and having more abundance. This is so awesome. I have no reservations now.

(05-25-2012, 09:35 PM)Erika Awakening Wrote: Not to mention that a house is equity. It's not like credit card debt. You actually have something to enjoy, and if you do your tapping the value of that house just might increase.

Oh I know it will go up for sure. Good point about the tax write-off too.

I was feeling sick from a stomach flu earlier today. After reading the comments from Ann and Erika, I feel instantly better inside and out. Hearing the right advice and stories can make such a big difference in how you see and feel about a situation. And for me, it was exactly what I needed to hear. I just want to thank you two because you made me realize that there's nothing for me to worry about, and that everything is going great!

(05-26-2012, 12:07 AM)Annbros Wrote: I'd also add that getting the house you want means up-levelling your environment, which again is a type of abundance. I know I will feel more abundant in my new house as, it is bigger and more modern than my current one (as much as I love my beautiful old house I have outgrown it) and that is all part of the abundance mindset. I have benefited too from my brother agreeing to loan me the money for any outstanding mortgage at a much lower rate than my bank, so I will save a whole load of money over a few years, similar to Erika's car financing!

I'm very happy and excited for you Ann.

(05-24-2012, 10:26 PM)Erika Awakening Wrote: That's awesome!! I'm so glad you shared this with us. And I'm so glad you are up-leveling to what you really want instead of what you would settle for being "budget minded." What I see over and over again is that as soon as people make these decisions on faith to get what they really want instead of "settling," the Universe somehow steps up to meet them with extra funding.

And of course the best way to ensure a smooth closing is to keep tapping. Heart

I've heard it so many times (to not settle), but why do I feel like I'm really hearing it now here from you? I can't explain it, but I feel like I should never have to settle again.
05-27-2012, 02:31 AM,
Ben, sometimes we have to hear a message multiple times to finally 'get' it. I certainly have noticed that in doing the Abundance Challenge: four videos to tap each day really brings stuff up that might have been hiding and then finally you get the breakthrough as it all fits into place. Love that you are not going to 'settle' for stuff anymore!
05-27-2012, 03:49 PM,
I showed my ex wife the house, and she loved it too. We're still close and share raising 2 teenage boys together. She noticed that he house was missing a refrigerator and offered to buy me a nice stainless steel refrigerator to match all of the other built in appliances. Wow! Smile