Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
15 week miracle course
09-14-2013, 05:18 AM,
RE: 15 week miracle course
Before I had my mini break with friends I had been going stir crazy after my 3 month stint without a break; this was underlined by the cat we had as a temporary guest going mad to get out and a bunch of flies getting stuck in my extractor fan and buzzing around like crazy trying to escape or dying in the process of desperately attempting to find a way out. Well, the cat has gone and will soon be in his new permanent home and, when I got home from a fabulous time with my friends the flies have completely disappeared! Another message to me that I need regular breaks to stop me going bonkers!
09-14-2013, 04:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 04:53 PM by Erika Awakening.)
Ann,

I am so happy to hear about this new awareness of taking care of yourself and also hopefully asking for more support from others. I am adding some EFT tapping videos to the brand new Simplify Your Life Challenge (http://postfeminine.com/simplify) that are raising my awareness even more about how exhausting it is to be expected to take care of other humans or animals 24/7. This really is co-dependency at its finest, and ultimately we must do enough healing that every person, child, and animal on this planet can stand completely on their own two feet. In the meantime, yes, more breaks and more support are clearly needed.

For those who don't have it yet, the pre-sale price on Simplify Your Life Challenge is still available only until Thursday September 19 at http://tapsmarter.com/simplify.

Love,
Erika
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
09-15-2013, 01:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 02:20 AM by Annbros.)
I've been doing so many calculations since Erika pointed out how much it would cost to look after my mum if we paid someone to care for her as I do, as well as all the other stuff like cleaning, shopping, doing the garden and that came to over $150k. Then I worked out how much I would need to earn to employ someone to look after my mum while I was out in a regular job: well that would be a minimum of $200 a day so I would need to earn $75k a year to just pay for my mum's care and then I would still have to take over when I came home and do all the care at weekends. Looking at it like that it would be madness when I have no regular support such as a partner which would reduce the need for me to be here or employ someone else when I need to go out. Taking a step back the whole idea of going out and getting a 'regular' job looks crazy as realistically I would need to earn more like $150k to have enough money to pay for even more care so I get a break and, in the area where I live there are just a small number of jobs that would pay that amount of money as there are no large companies around, so, that would leave me having to take a job in the nearest city which would mean being out for 12 hours a day to include the commute which would raise the cost of care yet again... yikes!

And, talking about hamster wheels: I was just reminded of that by a posting from a friend who is a paramedic and asking if anyone could swap a shift as he is moving house. Someone commented that 14 years ago he would have been given the day off to do that! It took me back to when I first started working for a big telecoms company in the eighties and had to go to hospital for an appointment: when I asked my line manager to sign my holiday leave to take the half day off he looked at me as if I were mad and said 'Oh Ann, I don't need to sign that; we don't count half days as holiday!' They certainly don't do that now. It is no wonder people get so burned out at work as Erika has pointed out and, from another piece I read recently, people in 'jobs' are working harder than ever. No wonder people are suffering more and more from illness and depression. The whole concept of simplifying your life seems to be very good timing.
09-15-2013, 07:47 PM,
Hi Ann,

So glad you are looking more deeply into this situation instead of just playing along with the "oh this is so easy and I don't deserve any better" story line ...

From my perspective, this is the perfect situation to use your non-violent communication skills to express your needs and bring more balance into this situation. Surely it would be absolutely exhausting to try to work a full-time job, hire more care, and still afford what you need on top of that ... these are the times in life to ask for help. It's only the ego that wants to pretend we are an island that doesn't need or want any support from others.

Love,
Erika
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
09-18-2013, 08:37 AM,
Erika had encouraged me to behave like Lakshmi when I go out and I had the perfect opportunity when I went up to town to see a show with friends. I ate what I wanted, had some wine and then had champagne in the lounge where the show was taking place and paid for drinks for my friends, both of whom wanted to give me money for their drinks. I said they could pay for the taxi home! When I got back today I had won an exercise top for completing a questionnaire, which I thought was perfect timing with my abundant mindset!
09-19-2013, 01:05 AM,
I like seeing Ann as Lakshmi ... would love to see more of that Wink

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
09-26-2013, 11:32 AM,
Way to step in your power of abundance, Ann! HeartLaksmi is awesome!
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM,
Maybe it's time to say What the Fuck ...

http://postfeminine.com/saying-what-the-fuck

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
10-13-2013, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 08:37 AM by Annbros.)
OK an update after quite a silence: lots of processing going on, helped enormously with Erika's postings from her trip to Bali and beyond!

A couple of interesting things come to mind; a conversation with one of my siblings who is 'worried' about how I will earn money, not simply now but in the future when mum is no longer around. A learning here was to be careful what you share as, I said I would love to earn money from my writing. EEEK. Lots of negatives flew out at me about how 'It is very unlikely/ most people don't/ writing is not the way to do it' kind of responses. Despite the fact he had not read my writing and I pointed out that you don't have to be a 'great' writer to make a living (as EL James even admitted that 'Fifty shades of Grey' was badly written, yet is has made her millions! The thing here is that it was all about HIS belief system. He didn't have anything to back it up and of course, if no one made a living out of writing we wouldn't have books!!

I'm doing a lot more about living abundantly and seeing abundance everywhere. Booking myself on trips to the theatre or cinema with friends rather than feeling I 'must' stay home all the time with my mum. It seems so obvious now, but not when I was stuck in that thought of having to be 'careful' with money. Of course that doesn't mean buying things I don't need either! So I think the theme of 'simplifying' is also coming into play here.

And, listening to my inner voice about what to do and where to go next; another great example coming up from Erika.

I've also been sent a few interesting people into my life recently who have given me a new perspective of how I am looking after my mother and actually how good I am at doing it!

It is proving to be a pretty productive period for me at the moment, and a lot of it is thanks to Erika sharing what is going on with her as well as other people on here, especially Elaine.
10-13-2013, 07:54 AM,
Awww ... thanks Ann for the appreciation. These are great breakthroughs.

And I don't think you did anything wrong in sharing! All the feedback they give you is just data. It brings limiting beliefs to conscious awareness so you can incorporate them in your tapping and clear them ...

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com