Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
15 week miracle course
08-17-2013, 01:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 07:11 AM by Annbros.)
RE: 15 week miracle course
I had a massage yesterday and it was really interesting, other than the pain of my glutes which needed a lot of work! The feedback I got from Catherine was that she can tell healthy and fit people who look after themselves from the way their muscles react when she works on them and said mine were really easy to get sorted - nice to know! It also backs up all my years of taking care of my body and mind to create a scenario where, when things go a bit awry they are easily fixed. Apparently it also helps that I drink lots of water so my muscles are nicely hydrated.

It is also interesting that, while I was doing this work, rather than living my purpose, my mum took up a lot more time as she wasn't eating very much or drinking. After stopping the work and feeling less stressed, she started eating better. Today she drunk more than she has in weeks without prompting, so it is making things much easier.

Oh and on the day I was most stressed, the cat threw up four times! No coincidence at the timing of all of that.
08-17-2013, 09:54 AM,
Hi Ann,

YES - seeing the mirrors everywhere. If the glutes are painful, it's likely working through a root chakra issue - which makes perfect sense in light of your other developments. And glad to hear about your mom's improvements.

Yes, remember how in the hospital, I finally had the thought maybe I am a good mother, and Fritz immediately started grooming himself! (http://postfeminine.com/fritz-the-awesom...-a-miracle). Taking care of ourselves well is the essential first step to being able to help anyone ... Giving and receiving are the same.
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
08-17-2013, 11:30 AM,
It does make sense: I've never had problems with my glutes (even though it manifested in my left heel, but I thought that was referred pain and she soon found the seat of the issue) so the timing seems spot on.

My mum has just eaten her dinner yet again - hoorah! I experimented with millet for the first time as I am choosing to cut down on wheat, which I love the taste of, yet makes me feel bloated and sluggish. It's a great substitute for couscous and easy for her to eat as it doesn't require much chewing!

I've also started doing oil pulling in the morning: I will do it for six months and see what happens at my next dental check up as it is supposed to be very good for teeth and gum health on top of general health.
08-17-2013, 01:06 PM,
So glad about these improvements with your mother! Smile
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
08-18-2013, 01:46 PM,
Lots of good news for you and your mother, Anne!. Heart
09-01-2013, 01:59 PM,
On another thread Elaine, Robin and I discussed the whole issue of downplaying things and not accepting compliments/taking credit. Well something really interesting happened today when I went to lunch with a friend:

When I first began looking after my mum this friend said to me 'You are so lucky; you have a lovely life looking after your mum. You don't have to get up and go to work in an office, work with horrible people and fly here and there. I wish I had your life, it is so easy'. Now, looking back I can see where I got the idea that looking after my mum is 'easy' and that's what I told everyone, until Erika called me out on it last week.

Today I went to lunch with the same friend who suddenly said 'You know, when you first began looking after your mum I thought you had a great life, but you don't. It's really hard. You are on call 24/7, you cannot just get up and go out and do something you want to. You cannot be spontaneous and you have lost your independence. I think what you are doing is really hard and I admire you for it.'

Not a coincidence! And no, I didn't contradict her, I just sat quietly and listened.
09-01-2013, 07:46 PM,
That is really interesting, Ann! Good notice and way to stay present!Heart
09-01-2013, 08:18 PM,
Awesome, Ann ... yes, time to give yourself credit for what you are doing ... and perhaps to simplify your life lol Wink

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
09-08-2013, 06:20 AM,
One of the many benefits of this course has been how much more aware I am of what is going on when I am hesitating or not being as abundant. Take for example a recent chat with my brother when I was telling him that I had two trips to the theatre planned: I know that my ego was talking in my ear saying 'He must think you have a nerve to be arranging to go out and enjoy yourself' and I know how my caring for my mum has had undertones about sacrifice in all areas and yet, many times now people keep saying to me 'I don't know how you do it, you are amazing' and admit that they wouldn't be able to look after their elderly parents as they would drive each other crazy!
09-09-2013, 05:12 PM,
Yea it's amazing how undeserving most of us feel deep down ... and it extends to our generosity with ourselves and others. I was amazed how I gave a gift yesterday with an aligned consciousness (really enjoying the giving and the feeling of "this person deserves to receive generously") and almost immediately $1100 flooded in, and then another $1100 flooded in overnight ... We think we are "helping" by "sacrificing" but what we are really doing is making a statement to the Universe that neither we nor anyone else deserves to receive ... This is why it's so important to be conscious of this mentality and get in new habits about giving and receiving ...

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com