Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Abundance Challenge Diary by Ann
04-23-2012, 07:02 AM,
Abundance Challenge Diary by Ann
OK I purchased the Abundance Challenge and promised Erika to post each day on my experience so here is my first post for day one:

My current situation is that I have agreed to purchase a house with my elderly mother who has early Alzheimer's so needs more care and it is becoming increasingly challenging for me and my brothers to look after her in her own home. She always resisted moving in the past so when I spoke to her about it again last week I did a load of tapping and she said 'yes'. This also led to my brothers agreeing that I should keep all the capital in the house I buy with my mum as I am taking on so much responsibility.

This will also help me financially as, looking after her has affected my income and last year I was out of action for eight months via an injury which my employers did not compensate me for and my private insurance wouldn't pay out for. So my financial situation is not exactly healthy at the moment, hence the AC purchase!

Last night I tapped the Ganesh video and that was fine and then this morning I began the 'Clearing Fear' video. Boy was there resistance around that: I kept getting interruptions even though it was first thing in the morning, people were calling and texting and I also was really dissociated and losing my concentration during the video. It was hard to stay on track, so will come back to that again.

I then tapped the first video - again more interruptions, I also felt light-headed (did some yawning so that was good) felt as if I was about to sneeze and my head started to ache (and if I have 4 headaches in a year that is a lot for me).

Anyway I was all the time thinking about the logistics of selling the two houses and buying one (I've already found what seems to be the ideal house and am waiting to view it) so that was going around in my head as a possible challenge and I thought 'If only we could just buy the new house and then sell the other two....' but that seemed impossible.

Ha ha! This afternoon my eldest brother rang to say he and my other brother have enough money between them to buy the house I am looking at for cash! That is a pretty big sum of money but it would put us in such a strong position and make everything so much easier.

I'd say that the challenge is working already so I am going to tap videos 2-4 and the 'clearing fear' video again this evening and will report back then.
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM,
RE: Abundance Challenge Diary by Ann
Tapped videos 2,3 and 4. What is coming up is my limit on earning money. A few years ago I was running my own company and earning £50k a year working 2.5 days a week. However if I went over that in my company earnings it meant I had to pay VAT (an additional tax) which was a hassle as it involved filling in forms every quarter. So I kept my earnings below that rate. Looking back it seems like madness!!

Scarcity mindset resonated in terms of a few of my friends who have money but act as if they don't (they are constantly looking for offers and bargains) and then video 4 regarding 'It's not possible' brought up a whole lot of stuff around 'People like us'. That was the constant refrain of my parents who were uneducated and had low paid jobs. Even though my brothers and I went to University, there is still that little voice in my head going 'People like us don't earn much money'. I was brought up in a family that always had to scrimp and be careful with finances.

I also tapped the 'clearing fear' video again and still found it a challenge to concentrate, so will do that one every day in addition to the four from the 30 day product and see what happens!
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM,
Thanks for sharing your insights, Ann. Yep, taxes is a really important tapping issue. We have powerful taxes videos in the Eternal Youth Challenge, http://tapsmarter.com/eternal-product-1 (not yet officially released but first 30 videos are available to the daring souls who like to do my videos as they are created), and another one in the Tap for $1 Million Challenge, http://tapsmarter.com/million. When we are paying half or more of our income in taxes, it's important to release the part of us that feels like it's really not worth making more money ... and with enough of us tapping, tax policies will begin to change, and we will stop frittering away collective money on drains like war, welfare, immigration control, drug enforcement, and other systems that are not working.
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
04-24-2012, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM by Annbros.)
Tapped the clearing fear to start the day and it reminded me that, as a child, I was pretty good at manifesting money for doing things I really wanted. It also brought back some conversations later in life with friends who said they would hate to win the lottery, as they wouldn't know what to do with so much money. It's been in the last five years when contracts I was working on got cancelled and suddenly I had no work, that I seemed to head in this downward spiral, which led to me taking on lower paid work and then being surrounded by people who didn't have much money so were always scrimping and saving and again bargain hunting due to their lack mentality. It almost feels like I am punishing myself for being single (my Dad always assumed I would get married and be looked after) and having full control over my finances: when something goes wrong with money I have no spouse or partner to support me.

Day 5 video - my ego is really having a go at me now "Do I say $50,000 or £50,000 or the equivalent of $50,000 in £ which is about £33,000 ?" Eek!

And yes, I know all about the guilt factor having been brought up as a catholic. The 'Aha' on this video is how I keep tabs on when people treat me, so that the next time I insist on paying to make things equal. I did that recently when going to the cinema as the friend I went with had paid the previous time, so I said it was my turn and she couldn't even remember that she had paid back in February. I do that all the time as I don't want to be seen as taking advantage of people.

Day 6 video - aha I realise I never asked for a pay rise when I was employed - heavens my family didn't 'beg' and we had to be grateful for what we were given and it most certainly wasn't in our control. No wonder I have issues asking people to pay for my offerings and how I hate selling and being sold to (especially people who push and push until I buy just to get rid of them!) It's all about being a 'good girl'. Ugh what a painful revelation. This video is really powerful and challenged a lot of my beliefs from my childhood that are still operating today.

In the afternoon I did videos 7 and 8. 'It's too good to be true' really struck a chord along the 'why me - why should I deserve this' so that is something to focus on. I'll choose to say 'Why not me?'. I laughed at video 8 as this is only day two for me as I am doing four a day, so impatience may be a bit premature at this stage. I'll be doing it again by day ten so let's see what changes then.

Erika, these videos have all been spot on in terms of resonating with me and my programming around money, so no wonder I feel tired after tapping. I'm taking that as a good sign.
04-25-2012, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2012, 12:07 PM by Annbros.)
OK day three and have tapped videos 9 and 10.
Interesting how easy it has been in the last five years to get into the habit of earning less and then how my ceiling of earning has seemed to be lowered. Also coming to mind is all the stuff growing up around being so much younger than my siblings and my mum always telling them to look after me and how as an adult she also worried about me being single and having no husband to support me.
Ah and of course to have loads of money is hassle - you can spend all your time managing it - as that is what a friend of a friend does! Eek that explains a lot.
This month is only the second time ever I will not be able to pay my credit cards off in full: it's not an experience I have had in 30 years and it is causing a lot of discomfort so the AC is more important than ever.

Felt a bit out of sorts and anxious after tapping these two, so had a break for a couple of hours.

Tapped 11 and 12 and of course the whole discount thing really resonated: a friend who has plenty of money is always buying 'bargains' which I consider to be cheap rubbish. The other day I had a friend around and it was chilly so I put the heating on and he told me I was living beyond my means and couldn't afford to just turn the heating on like that! Why should I be cold and miserable?

As to the asking for help - ooh that really resonated. I am always keen to show I can do it all by myself because my independence = freedom to me. I don't like to put people out, so Erika's story about getting help from the person putting out produce was very relevant.

As to the property update: I am viewing it with my brother again on Saturday, though in the meantime there is an offer for it. I didn't get upset or stressed about this as I know being a cash buyer puts us in a strong position. My brother then called to say that, although our mum's house isn't officially being promoted yet, the agent asked if a couple could come and view it today and they seemed very interested in it as a renovation project (it hasn't been decorated for 30 years!) This is all very interesting as I also pulled the 'Isabella' Angel card which says the new venture is going to all work out! I am feeling quietly confident that everything is coming together.

EVENING UPDATE: Oh my this is hysterical. The couple who viewed the house loved it and offered the full asking price!!! The Abundance Challenge ROCKS!!!!
04-25-2012, 04:12 PM,
This is so awesome, Ann!! Classic HBR result that miracles are being produced all the way around for everyone involved. Thank you for sharing with us in so much detail, it really makes your experience come alive for us. Thanks for including us in your journey Heart
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM,
THat is sooooooo AWESOME Ann!!! Love how the miracles just keep flowing.......one right after the other!!! Sooo inspirational!!! Thanx for sharing!!! And validation with the angel cards......most excellent!!!!
04-26-2012, 03:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 08:34 AM by Annbros.)
OK Day 4 of the challenge and I did videos 13-16.

Felt good about 13 as I am pretty congruent about having my goal but not being attached to it, so happy I have found the ideal house (and yesterday I looked at houses up to double the price and yet nothing matches our requirements better than the one I viewed on Tuesday).

I had emailed my brothers telling them that God did a great job sending those people to us so happy to accept their offer for mum's house. I had done some research and found that the owners of the house I want bought at the top of the market so are already offering it for £15k less than what they bought it for, so I doubt they will come down much and we don't know what the other interested party has offered.

I got a reply back from one of them that really deflated me 'Don't get hung up on this house, there are plenty of others out there and this is at the top of the price range (to make me mortgage free) and you would want some spare money' I felt like crying. Did video 14 which really reminded me how he has the lack mentality and my other brother has the abundance mentality. Boy family beliefs have a lot to answer for!

Felt I needed more so did 15 and 16 and have calmed down a bit. Coincidentally I have started a gratitude journal and write down a list of things every night before I go to bed, so this was perfect timing to remind myself of what I do have in my life. I've always been very positive and know I need to ignore the negative people around me, even if they are family, and stick to what I know is going to work for me and remind myself that their limiting beliefs are not my problem!

Thanks Dianne and Erika for your postings - they cheered me up after my setback this morning (and yes I know this is all part of it Smile

Due to my mum's condition I took on some work that I could do while looking after her - it's recruitment work and is 100% commission based. Since the beginning of the year I've earned nothing, although one of my candidates was runner up for a job and so far I've had a total of 3 people interviewed. This afternoon I got a call to say two of my candidates are being interviewed for the same job, so that is good and it came out of nowhere - as miracles do!! It certainly puts me in a better position than I was at the start of the day.
04-26-2012, 01:15 PM,
Hey Ann,

Remember the Abundance mentality and NOT listening to other people's opinions (which just come from their own limiting beliefs). Look into your heart - is this YOUR house?

When I bought my Tahoe house, I looked for only two days. On the second day, I walked into the house I'm now sitting in, and my intuition (which wasn't even very clear back then) said "This is it."

There was a bidding war on the house, and I think 3-5 parties put bids in. I knew this was my house. I bid about $22k over asking price (abundance mentality). I got the house. That $22k at this point in time in the big scheme of things, is totally insignificant. And I love this house. It is the perfect house for me. We have renovated it and continue to make it even more amazing.

Your intuition is always right, and you have access to all resources in the Universe. Just remember to get centered in your heart, let go of other people's opinions, and make your choice from the calm quiet center that knows exactly what you are meant to do.

Love,
Erika

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
04-26-2012, 01:37 PM,
Great reminder for all of us ERika!!! I get the truth chills as I read it!!! Intuition talking loud and clear!!! xo Dianne