Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Motivation!
09-28-2013, 03:25 PM,
Motivation!
Hi Everyone.

I decided to create a thread on motivation. Mainly because I have been lacking it recently Smile. The hope is to brainstorm and get some ideas on how to get motivated.

The thing is that this summer my business was going great. I made more money with my network marketing company and also with Erika's products. But then, I was really tired and my motivation sunk. I haven't worked a single bit on my business for the last few weeks since this girl was staying at my place. And now I get motivation here and there, but I keep sliding back into the hole.

When I follow Erika's posts, she frequently mentions that she follows her intuition, which sometimes means doing nothing. Now, my "intuition" (although I'm not sure that it's intuition) tell me to enjoy life for once, start meeting women and have fun. Unfortunately this is not so easy with a tough job like mine, but it's definitely possible.

But one thing that keeps popping into my mind: if I keep taking breaks like this, what's going to happen with my business? My goal is to have enough basic passive income early next year, so when my contract at work finishes (and no contracts get extended beyond two years) I have enough basic income to focus fully on my business. There is not much time left, especially considering the fact that this type of business goes with ups and downs.

What do I do? Relax, have fun or keep pushing to get my business to the next level?

Ideas welcome!
Ivan
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM,
RE: Motivation!
I'm getting progress here. After lots of pondering, tapping and talking to people, I realized that I really need to focus on what inspires me and not look into what I 'should do', eventhough it seems logically that this is what this should be (to use Erika's language, "what my EGO is saying").

For me this is currently focusing on my relationships with women. This is what inspires me the most and this is what I'm gonna do!

And guess what? Once I made that decision, I looked in my backoffice of my network company and lo and behold I saw one of my partners signed up four more people! AND using the motivation I got from this, I also called a guy who signed up for coaching info on Sunday and he already booked AND payed a session with me Smile.

Good stuff!
Ivan
10-03-2013, 12:09 AM,
Awesome, love hearing this Smile
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
10-07-2013, 09:40 AM,
Interesting, after a week of doing nothing and a weekend with my best friend doing crazy things, I have a new flow of motivation for my business and to get free from the chains of the job. As with everything, motivation comes in waves apparently, and it's important to grab the ones that take you up. Just like surfing Smile.
10-08-2013, 06:46 AM,
Very much like surfing .. awesome Ivan Smile
- Erika Awakening, Founder of Holistic Belief Reprogramming, an Advanced version of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT tapping)

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
10-08-2013, 08:41 AM,
Surfing is a great analogy, Ivan! I have not surfed, yet, but I love to watch surfing and I can see the great analogy. So happy for you to learn the art of going with the flow.Heart

I thought of this ACIM Lesson 47 when I read your post, so I will share it here for your consideration.

"God is the strength in which I trust.

If you are trusting in your own strength, you have every reason to be apprehensive, anxious and fearful. What can you predict or control? What is there in you that can be counted on? What would give you the ability to be aware of all the facets of any problem, and to resolve them in such a way that only good can come of it? What is there in you that gives you the recognition of the right solution, and the guarantee that it will be accomplished?

Of yourself you can do none of these things. To believe that you can is to put your trust where trust is unwarranted, and to justify fear, anxiety, depression, anger and sorrow. Who can put his faith in weakness and feel safe? Yet who can put his faith in strength and feel weak?
God is your safety in every circumstance. His Voice speaks for Him in all situations and in every aspect of all situations, telling you exactly what to do to call upon His strength and His protection. There are no exceptions because God has no exceptions. And the Voice which speaks for Him thinks as He does.

Today we will try to reach past your own weakness to the Source of real strength. Four five-minute practice periods are necessary today, and longer and more frequent ones are urged. Close your eyes and begin, as usual, by repeating the idea for the day. Then spend a minute or two in searching for situations in your life which you have invested with fear, dismissing each one by telling yourself:
God is the strength in which I trust.

Now try to slip past all concerns related to your own sense of inadequacy. It is obvious that any situation that causes you concern is associated with feelings of inadequacy, for otherwise you would believe that you could deal with the situation successfully. It is not by trusting yourself that you will gain confidence. But the strength of God in you is successful in all things.
The recognition of your own frailty is a necessary step in the correction of your errors, but it is hardly a sufficient one in giving you the confidence which you need, and to which you are entitled. You must also gain an awareness that confidence in your real strength is fully justified in every respect and in all circumstances.

In the latter phase of the practice period, try to reach down into your mind to a place of real safety. You will recognize that you have reached it if you feel a sense of deep peace, however briefly. Let go all the trivial things that churn and bubble on the surface of your mind, and reach down and below them to the Kingdom of Heaven. There is a place in you where there is perfect peace. There is a place in you where nothing is impossible. There is a place in you where the strength of God abides.
During the day, repeat the idea often. Use it as your answer to any disturbance. Remember that peace is your right, because you are giving your trust to the strength of God."
10-08-2013, 11:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM by Ivan.)
That'S great ! Thanks Elaine.

Now the story continues. It's funny, every day I get more and more demotivated at work. I feel like the time is coming where I need a change, it's almost inevitable. And luckily more motivated in my life and business afterwards.

Today I already made three calls with prospects and the great thing is that I'm not tired at all. In fact I get more energy from this. Just need to get momentum again. Acutually I got really motivated when I saw yet again new partners in my organization!

There's one thing that I've been doing recently. I deliberately sign up for free "consultations" and get into similar situations, where I can experience different sales methods. Today, I had an interesting encounter. I called up a guy I met the other day and tried to pitch him for my business opportunity. At the end he ended up turning the tables VERY smoothly to a place where HE was pitching me (he is a finance broker). Now we have set up a meeting on Thursday where again he will be pitching me. Now I gotto use this and learn from it.

It's such a valuable thing to be ptiched by experienced sales people lol.

Btw. I realized that the waves don't actually have to be that high. I notice that with me I still have too many "downwaves", there is clearly something blocking me. Good stuff to tap on :=)

Ivan

OMG, I just realized that I only need one more partner to get to the next level in my business!! I can totally do that!
10-09-2013, 11:58 AM,
lol. today I learned my lesson in trusting my subconscious choices. We went to a restaurant with colleagues. They have weird Pizza choices. I selected one that I though would be something new to try (imagine dates, italian ham and goat cheese on one pizza!).

When I ordered, I ordered a pizza, without realizing that I have chosen a different one. When the order came, I started suspecting that I ordered the wrong one. So I went and asked them if I could have the other one in stead. Lo and behold, they complied! Guess what? This has been simply the worst pizza I've even eaten. My subconscious knew all along hahaha.
10-09-2013, 11:00 PM,
yea God knows better ...

and at some point you'll probably want to stop eating meat also ...

TAPsmarter.com
ErikaAwakening.com
10-19-2013, 12:37 PM,
ok, a quick update. I'm now working very hard on getting out of the corporate slavery. In principle, I'm already seeing the finish line. I only need to build my third "team" in my network company and this will open the gates to new financial levels which will sustain me.

One thing I noticed is that one has to be so focused on one thing in order to get somewhere. I postponed my feedback calls on Thursday because I wanted to go to a concert and already can't get to my contacts anymore.

I will set my intention to signing up at least on partner this month and entering the next level in my organization (it doesn't really change a lot though to be honest financially).

But I can see my dream already ahead. The money is already flowing in passively and all I need to do is to focus in one direction. It's totally possible!

Ivan